Monday, March 10, 2014

Laser Tag Cake Pop Stand


Since I have started doing these cake pop stands I have had tons of new ideas come to me for new stands.  I would love to be able to just make a bunch of these so I can show you all the ideas I have.  Have you ever bought a chunk of styrofoam?  That stuff is crazy expensive!  Anyway, so far it's not in my budget to just make up a bunch of cake pop stands in advance, so for now I just have to make them to order.

This laser tag themed cake pop stand is my most recent one.  


When I was first contacted about doing a laser tag theme for a cake pop stand, I immediately envisioned lots of neon colored lines.  Working with the customer's color scheme, I think it came out pretty darn close to what I saw in my head.


The bullseyes are printed on white cardstock and the sticks are wooden skewers.  I was excited when this idea came to me.  I was going to do the usual bunting type sign that strings across the whole cake pop stand, but I just wasn't in love with that idea.  I knew this had to be different but wasn't sure how until I had the thought that it would be cool to try to make them like lasers.  Voila!


Since the styro is so expensive, I didn't have any room for error when cutting it up.  So I first constructed these shapes out of regular copy paper and tape.  I was up to my ears in angles and straight lines and was kind of wishing I had paid attention in school.  It was nothing too difficult, however, so no brains exploded during the making of the cake pop stand.

Once I had the course laid out the way I wanted it with the paper, I used those as patterns when cutting the styro.


After completing the styrofoam shapes, I measured out the placement for the holes, poked it through the cardstock paper, and then glued the cardstock to the cake pop stand.

This cake pop stand hold 36 cake pops.

And will be the talk of the party!


Having a laser tag themed party any time soon?  Know anyone that is?  I have just the cake pop stand for you to hold all your awesome cake pops!  Contact me today!!  Not doing a laser tag theme but need a custom cake pop stand to fit your party theme? I can do that too!  Shipping takes about 5-7 business days and processing about 7-10 days so please make sure you order with enough advance notice!
SusAnnasSweets@gmail.com






No comments:

Post a Comment