Thursday, October 31, 2013

Step by Step Zombie Cake Pop



These little zombie pops have proved to be quite popular!  So I thought since so many enjoy looking at them (and eating them), that I would show you step by step how these tasty little creatures come together.



I start with a basic head shape, and then I use another cake pop stick to make an indent for the mouth.


Next I dip the head in green coating.  You could also use an ashen gray color, either would be a good zombie color!
Immediately before the coating dries, I stick on the candy eyes and a few brown colored jimmie sprinkles for hair.  One thing I love about these pops is they don't have to be perfect to still look great!  You can see the eyes on this one are not placed evenly - but it just adds to it's zombie-like appearance!


Next I use a tiny bit of black coating and using a toothpick I spread it into the mouth indent.  Before that dries I place various sizes of white jimmie sprinkles into it for teeth.  Again, don't make them perfect!


Next I use a red edible pen to draw squiggly veins onto the candy eyes, and I forgot to this time, but I usually color the teeth too.  Not a whole lot, just dab them a couple times with the pen.


Then I use a black edible pen to draw little slits for the nose.  You notice on this one I only attached one eye.  I will show you later what I do with those.


The last thing and final touch - blood!  Using a little bit of red coating and a toothpick, I dab some all around the mouth.  I try to make each one a little different.  Some of them may have just a little bit of blood, some may have a lot.  Making them different I think adds character. 


Here's what I do with the one eyed zombies!  Using a toothpick I just dab on some red coating where the other eye should be, and just kind of spread it around any which way.


And that's it!  Scary, cute, funny, DELICIOUS cake pop zombies!
Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment